The applicant must provide the following completed information:
Abstract - Summarize the main points of the grant proposal (limit of 300 words)
Research Plan - 10 pages (single-spaced 8 1/2 x 11 page, 1-inch margins, Arial or Times New Roman 12 point font size), excluding references, figures, and tables, that includes:
- Clear statement of the hypothesis, if appropriate
- Clear statements of specific aims
- Background information
- Statement of clinical relevance to critical care nursing and multidisciplinary critical care
- Discussion of experimental design
Methodology and timetables
- Identify the variables and sample.
- Specify the procedures, protocols, and instruments to be used.
- Include copies of applicable instruments as an appendix to the proposal.
- Describe the validity and reliability of the instruments (if appropriate).
- Include the proposed timetable.
- Describe the data analysis plan.
- Identify potential limitations of the study.
- Specify direct and indirect costs.
- Include, if applicable, supplies, equipment, computer costs, consultative fees, and other expenses with justification for each item.
- Limit indirect funds to 10% of the direct costs and include in the grant award.
- Include a Statement of Institutional Support.
- Include a statement from the dean or administrator of the university or institution confirming the availability of facilities and equipment.
- Provide evidence that the proposed project or study has been reviewed and approved (or administratively reviewed as exempt) by an established institutional ethical review entity (investigations and/or animal studies at the time of the proposal submission).
- Attach a support letter from the thesis or dissertation chair approving the research, if the study is part of the applicant’s degree program.
- Attach a Financial Disclosures and Conflict of Interest Form.