Patient and Family
The Patient Communicator app by SCCM is designed to improve communication between patients, families, and caregivers.
Communication with patients who are unable to speak is often challenging. Mechanical ventilation, hearing or speech limitations, language barriers and other hurdles may stand in the way of providing optimal patient-centered care.
Developed by intensivists, the app can help ease the stress of a hospital stay.
Download the App
- A new diary function that allows patients to track their daily progress during and after a hospital stay
- Translation capabilities that allow for two-way communiation in 18 languages on a variety of topics, such as pain, basic needs, and moods
- A scale that allows patients to identify where on the body they feel sensations of pain, itching, and nausea and express the intensity of these sensations
- More than 30 translatable phrases that allow patients to express various needs related to their care andwell-being
- A glossary of terms to help educate patients and families about the intensive care unit
- A free download of the booklet Understanding Your ICU Stay: Information for Patients and Families