The Safar Global Partner Award, sponsored by the Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM), is awarded annually to an individual, hospital, or organization that expands the global reach of SCCM. The awardee receives a plaque or crystal award.
Deadline and Submission
are due September 1, 2020
A letter of nomination is required and must objectively document the candidate’s contribution and its direct link to the measurable achievement of SCCM’s international priorities. Information in the nomination letter should be based on results from the most recently concluded fiscal year.
Nominees may be from any country. Applications must be submitted by a member in good standing and not a member of the award selection committee.
Criteria and Eligibility
Nominees must have distinguished themselves by material contributions to SCCM’s achievement of its international priorities.
Current strategic priorities are:
- Increase distribution of the Fundamentals program (e.g., Fundamental Critical Care Support, Pediatric Fundamental Critical Care Support, and Fundamental Disaster Management) in Latin America, Asia (with a focus on China), and the Middle East and North Africa
- Produce and distribute the Fundamental Critical Care Support: Tropical Diseases course
- Prepare and administer an international critical care knowledge assessment examination through partnerships with local critical care organizations
- Combine the domestic and international review course programs into a single, flexible program that meets local needs
- Explore opportunities to pilot projects that customize SCCM program materials for specific markets and/or make programs available for wholesale distribution through a local publisher or provider
- Implement the Sepsis in Resource-Limited Settings project
Candidates are evaluated according to the criteria noted above and recommended to SCCM Council for approval by SCCM’s three most recent past presidents. No more than three awards are given each year. Awardees may not repeat more than twice in five years.
Questions related to this award may be directed to Carol Prendergast