Joseph and Rae Brown
The Dr. Joseph and Rae Brown Award recognizes a Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) member who has significantly advanced multiprofessional quality care for critically ill and injured patients at the regional or local level. The award was established to honor the Browns for their work in organizing and sustaining the Pennsylvania Society of Critical Care Medicine, which later became the Pennsylvania Chapter of SCCM. The awardee receives $1,000.
Applications are due August 1.
One letter of nomination is required. Self-nominations are accepted.
The letter must include a summary of the nominee’s accomplishments in critical care at the local or regional level and must be addressed to the Pennsylvania Chapter’s Executive Committee in care of Carol Prendergast.
Nominees must be an SCCM member who has:
- Exhibited extraordinary contributions of time, energy, and resources to chapter matters during the previous year
- Demonstrated dedication, commitment, and outstanding contributions to the field of critical care at a regional or local level during the past year
- Shown exceptional leadership contributions that have furthered the vision and mission of chapters and/or affiliates over time
- Offered innovation or meritorious contributions that improve the care of critically ill and injured patients and their families in the awardee’s country, state, or region
- Been an outstanding clinician, teacher, and role model of excellence in both the teaching and clinical practice of critical care in the regional or local area (not only at the nominee’s institution)
The awardee is notified by December 1.
For additional information regarding this award, please contact Carol Prendergast