The Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Prevention and Management of Pain, Agitation/Sedation, Delirium, Immobility, and Sleep Disruption in Adult Patients in the ICU, known as the PADIS Guidelines, are an update to the 2013 Pain, Agitation, Delirium Guidelines.
The PADIS Guideline:
- Adds two inextricably related clinical care topics (immobility and sleep)
- Includes patients as collaborators and coauthors
Related Articles include:
- Executive Summary: PADIS Guidelines
- Interpreting and Implementing the 2018 PADIS Clinical Practice Guideline
- Methodologic Innovation in Creating Clinical Practice Guidelines: Insights From the 2018 SCCM PADIS Guideline Effort