Preparing Your ICU for Disaster Response
This step-by-step guide is an excellent adjunct to the FDM course. It helps ICU professionals assess their current level of disaster preparedness and provides information to help align their ICU response with an institutional disaster preparedness plan, as well as tips for how to translate this plan to accommodate specific resource needs in the event of a critical care surge. Presented in an easy-to-follow format, this eBook provides practical, usable resources for strategizing and implementing a standing plan for disaster preparedness.
- What Matters? The Role of an ICU During Disaster
- Assessing Your ICU: Are You Ready to Respond to Disaster?
- Leadership During a Disaster
- Building an ICU Response Plan for Disasters
- Implementing an Effective ICU Disaster Response Plan
- Communication During Disaster
- How to Build ICU Surge Capacity
- Ethical Decision-Making in Disasters: Key Ethical Principles and the Role of the Ethics Committee
- Behavioral Health Issues
- Pediatric Considerations: What Is Needed in My ICU to Care for These Casualties?
- Disaster Education and Training Resources
- Additional Resources and Websites
- Clinical Strategies During Disaster Response
- Developing an ICU Supply and Other Templates for Disaster Response
- Scenario-Based Pandemic Planning Templates
- Communication Templates
- Rush University Medical Center Communication Protocols for Nursing Personnel
- ICU Lessons from a Mass Casualty Incident
- Long-Term ICU and Healthcare Lessons Learned from the 2003 SARS Pandemic
- Complex ICU Issues that Arise During an Influenza Pandemic
- The 2011 Japan Earthquake and Tsunami: Lessons Learned from the Loss of Medical Infrastructure
- Mount Sinai Hospital ICU Disaster Response Plan
Purchases can be made through the SCCM store
. Pricing is $10 USD for nonmembers, and the book is available free of charge to SCCM members. Available as an eBook only.