The FCCS textbook is an integral part of the FCCS learning experience and is available in print and eBook formats.
FCCS: Obstetrics textbook
provides the source material for the 13 lectures and related skill stations that make up the course. The textbook is appropriate for intensivists and nonintensivists, physician assistants, nurses, and other clinicians who provide maternal/fetal critical care and for clinicians in obstetrics seeking additional education in critical care.
Prepared under SCCM’s direction by an international team of leading multiprofessional critical care educators in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, fetal-maternal medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics, nursing, and surgery, the FCCS: Obstetrics textbook covers:
- Physiologic Changes During Pregnancy
- Airway Management in the Pregnant Woman
- Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Sepsis in Pregnancy
- Thromboembolic Disease and Pregnancy
- Obstetric Hemorrhage
- Maternal Mortality and Cardiac Arrest
- Fetal Evaluation and Fetal Concerns in the Seriously Ill Pregnant Patient
- Nonobstetric Surgical Diseases in the Pregnant Patient
- Pregnancy-Related Acute Kidney Injury
- Management of Delivery and Newborn
- Transport of the Critically Ill Pregnant Patient
Licensed institutions will be assessed a fee for each learner, which includes a copy of FCCS: Obstetrics (print or eBook) and, on successful completion of the course, a provider certificate.
Single-copy purchases of the current edition of FCCS: Obstetrics as well as other textbooks in the Fundamentals series can be made through the SCCM store. Pricing is reflective of SCCM's tiered member discounts.