The Society of Critical Care Medicine offers a service to disseminate research surveys for individuals or institutions.
Surveys are reviewed by the SCCM Scientific Review Committee. The following guidelines must be satisfied to receive approval for dissemination of a research-related survey.
In order to be considered for review, your survey must be:
- Accompanied by a completed Survey Application upon submission.
- Received by SCCM at least 6 weeks prior to the requested survey publication date.
- No more than 25 questions in length.
- Clearly written, relevant, and concise.
- Addressed to a multiprofessional audience
Note: please review A Guide to Surveys
for a description of best practices for survey development.Review Criteria
In order to be considered for final approval, your survey must be:
Submission Requirements Checklist
- Unique: represents a unique project.
- Feasible: can be successfully and expeditiously undertaken.
- Important: serves the critical care community and critically ill and injured patient.
- Relevant: has broad relevance and will ultimately improve patient care in the ICU.
- Targeted to an appropriate audience: addresses a multiprofessional audience.
Prior to submitting your survey, be certain
that you have addressed the following:
- The application form is complete and includes a high level summary of the research activity and the rationale (i.e. purpose and aims) for conducting the study.
- The above Review Prerequisites are satisfied.
- The above Review Criteria are met.
- An IRB letter of approval, exempt status, or “closed” status is included with the application for this project.
- An electronic copy (.doc or .pdf) of the actual survey tool is included with the application.
An invoice will be sent with notification of approval of survey dissemination. If the survey is not approved for dissemination, there is no fee.
- If the survey is to be sent via direct email, the fee is $3,000 for SCCM members and $4,000 for non-members.
- If the survey is to be disseminated via the SCCM eNewsletter circulated to all members, the fee is $500 for SCCM members and $750 for non-members.
Please submit inquiries about surveys or completed survey applications to Vishakha Kumar