Editor: Patrick M. Kochanek, MD, MCCM
Pediatric Critical Care Medicine (PCCM) is the first scientific, peer-reviewed journal to focus exclusively on pediatric critical care and critical care neonatology. Launched in July 2000, it is a growing publication that is distributed nine times a year. Within each issue, readers will find clinical papers and scientific investigations, solicited reviews, selected abstracts translated into six languages, and various CME opportunities.
As an official publication of the Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) and the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care Societies (WFPICCS), the journal is known internationally. The editor, Patrick M. Kochanek, MD, MCCM, of the University of Pittsburgh, relies on the expertise of an editorial board of outstanding pediatric researchers and clinicians from all over the world. With a 2011 impact factor of 3.129 and an immediacy factor of 0.937, PCCM rose from being ranked number 18th to 14th among pediatric journals and from 12th to 9th among critical care journals.
is interested in publishing the highest quality scientific studies in the field of pediatric critical care medicine. Manuscripts can be submitted through Editorial Manager
, which contains Author Instructions along with the forms needed to submit a manuscript.
Please direct any questions you may have regarding this publication to our editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pediatric Critical Care Medicine App
The PCCM App is available for download within the SCCM App on iPad devices only. Anyone may download the app. Members of the Pediatric Section of the SCCM, WFPICCS organizations with member subscriptions, and individual subscribers are able to access all the features of the PCCM App. Others may purchase single issues and take advantage of limited features.
The PCCM App offers a print-like reading experience plus article-sharing features, multimedia links, and more.
- Easy-to-read full-text articles that can be shared via email or social media
- Adjustable text sizing with pinch and zoom
- Quick linking to supplemental data and editorials
- Ability to store or delete downloaded issues
- Pull down Table of Contents
- Speedy issue browsing with bird’s eye view of the entire issue
- Easy paging through issue content
- Convenient notification when a new issue is available
- Link to PCCM online to view supplemental data and browse the archives
The SCCM App offers a variety of other features and apps available in a central location.
- Access the Surviving Sepsis Campaign App
- Search the SCCM Member Directory
- Stream iCritical Care Podcasts
- View and download SCCM Guidelines
- Access News and Career Central Updates