The Official Journal of the Society of Critical Care Medicine
Editor-in-Chief: Timothy G. Buchman, PhD, MD, MCCM
Critical Care Medicine (CCM) is the premier peer-reviewed, scientific publication in critical care. Directed towards specialists who treat patients in the ICU and CCU, including chest physicians, surgeons, pediatricians, pharmacists/pharmacologists, anesthesiologists, critical care nurses, and other healthcare professionals, CCM covers all aspects of acute and emergency care for the critically ill or injured patient. Each issue presents critical care practitioners with clinical breakthroughs that lead to better patient care, the latest news on promising research, and advances in equipment and techniques. Readers can view newly accepted articles online ahead of print.
Led by Editor-in-Chief Timothy G. Buchman, PhD, MD, MCCM, from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, the Editorial Board is composed of internationally recognized researchers and practitioners. CCM received an impact factor of 6.147 for 2013 and an immediacy index of 2.598. It maintains its position as the premier peer-reviewed journal among those that publish primarily (more than 50%) critical care articles.
Critical Care Medicine
is interested in publishing the highest quality scientific studies in the field of critical care. The Editorial Board accepts approximately 20% of the original manuscripts submitted to the journal for publication. Manuscripts can be submitted through Editorial Manager,
which contains Author Instructions along with the forms needed to submit a manuscript.
Please direct any questions you may have regarding this publication to our editorial staff at email@example.com
Critical Care Medicine App
The CCM App is available for download within the SCCM App on iPad devices only. Anyone may download the app. SCCM members and individual subscribers to CCM are able to access all the features of the CCM App. Others may purchase single issues and take advantage of limited features.
The CCM App offers a print-like reading experience plus article-sharing features, multimedia links, and more.
- Easy-to-read full-text articles that can be shared via email or social medi
- Adjustable text sizing with pinch and zoom
- Quick linking to supplemental data and editorials
- Ability to store or delete downloaded issues
- Pull down Table of Contents
- Speedy issue browsing with bird’s eye view of the entire issue
- Easy paging through issue content
- Convenient notification when a new issue is available
- Link to CCM online to view supplemental data and browse the archives
The SCCM App offers a variety of other features and apps available in a central location.
- Access the Surviving Sepsis Campaign App
- Search the SCCM Member Directory
- View and download SCCM Guidelines
- Stream all iCritical Care Podcasts
- Access News and Career Central Updates