Study Mission to Cuba
December 4-9, 2017
Registration Deadline: August 1, 2017
Take advantage of a unique opportunity to earn continuing education credits during the Society of Critical Care Medicine’s (SCCM) Study Mission to Cuba.
The Study Mission to Cuba will offer participants a unique opportunity to meet and engage with fellow Cuban medical professionals while learning about the challenges and advances of medicine in Cuba. Participants will gain firsthand experience and knowledge on the inner workings of healthcare in this country with the opportunity to participate in professional meetings and meaningful site visits each day. The preliminary list of topics to be covered includes:
- Differentiate the organizational structure and healthcare delivery systems of various critical care units in Cuba
- Explain similarities and differences in critical care education and training
- Describe knowledge and changes in attitudes regarding level of skill, level of sophistication and organizational level/development in Cuba
- Discuss quality processes and how change is implemented to improve patient care
- Review infectious diseases that occur in Cuba
- Compare and contrast cultural differences for patients and families faced with end-of-life decisions
- Describe how resource limitations are addressed in caring for critically ill patients
- Exchange knowledge and practice information through networking with colleagues from other countries
- Describe work being done for post-intensive care syndrome
View the complete itinerary and pricing. Continuing medical education credits will be provided for physicians, pharmacists and nurses for this activity.
Excursion to Matanzas
December 9-12, 2017
View the complete itinerary and pricing.